Monday 5 January 2009

Welcome!

Hello and welcome to Alt.pet - the place for ordinary people with uncontrollable addictions to extraordinary pets.

First off, you're probably thinking, 'Who is this person? Why is this blog appearing? Why should I care?'. Well actually, much as I'd love to say that there's a top secret ulterior motive that will eventually result in world domination, it's actually just because I'm a bit of a bug/reptile geek myself and I wanted somewhere to put all of the fascinating stuff that I've found out about keeping exotic pets.

A lot of people who keep exotic/alternative pets are... well... a bit weird. Sorry, but it had to be said. Kind of like trekkies, but they think they're cooler, because their snake can kick your ass. Don't be fooled, there are normal people out there who just have a bit of an unhealthy interest in cool things, be they creepy, crawly, slimy or scaly. And this is the place to come to find us. Self-confessed geek, but mostly normal, I promise.

I am currently the proud owner of a bearded dragon (Denzil) and some Giant Thorny Stick Insect nymphs (curently all called Brian). Oh, and a hamster called Hobo, but he's not that exotic. But don't tell him, he thinks he's quite rare. I also used to have a beautiful flower mantis called Xena, who unfortunately is no more, but that's another story.

This blog will soon be filled with all sorts of exciting stuff, so please do keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment